Adjustable Hollow Mills :
GEN-DEX® Indexable Insert Hollow Mills
View catalog page for GEN-DEX Hollow Mills.
The first uniformly adjustable, positive rake, indexable insert hollow mill enables you to
hollow mill from the end of the part with multiple indexable inserts.
- Combines standard ISO inserts in precision, match ground, uniformly adjustable insert
holders for hollow milling both ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Tools have ¼" range of adjustability for 1/8" to 2" diameters.
- A unique combination of toolholder geometry and insert geometry produces constant axial
and radial rake and constant clearance angles through the entire range of diameter adjustment.
- All tools have at least three, and, in larger sizes, as many as five inserts hollow milling
for maximum productivity.
- Tools are standard with straight shanks for use with toolholders in CNC machining
centers, lathes and screw machines or in conventional turning, milling or automatic
- All tool bodies are precision hardened and ground for years of dependable use.
- Special tools, shanks, toolholders quoted on application.
Standard Adjustable Hollow Mills
Standard Genesee Adjustable Inserted Blade Hollow Mills are detailed in this section -
both positive rake and neutral rake. The smallest hollow mills produce diameters
from 0" to 1/8" and the largest, diameters from 1-7/8" to 2".
Genesee's large selection of precision ground GEN-DEX® inserts, either with or without positive raised island chipbreakers, provide the distinct advantage of the “C” tolerance on I.C. and thickness. This feature, normally available only by special order, contributes to optimum, balanced cutting of the hollow mill. Customers who choose to use our inserts will find they are able to hold +/-.001” or better on moderate to finishing cuts, with no additional adjustment of the hollow mill required after indexing.